Due to the start of a new project in Kansas, we are currently seeking qualified Journeyman Electricians to provide services in Kansas and the surrounding states. This position presents exciting opportunities for long-term career growth! Candidates with relative experience in an industrial/facilities maintenance environment or electrical technician role are encouraged to apply today!
Why work for us?
For over fifty years, we’ve tackled complex challenges and developed innovative solutions. Yet, the most impressive thing we’ve built is our team. At Interstates we treat each other like family, because the foundation of our success is our team. We’ve created a collaborative workplace based on trust, integrity, and support. We offer opportunities for education and career growth, one of the best safety records in the business, and benefits that put our families first.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measuring, cutting, bending, threading, assembling and installing conduit
- Overseeing or participating in wire installations with conduit & cable tray
- Connecting power to equipment
- A valid state journeyman’s license is preferred
- The ability to lead up to 4 apprentices
- Knowledge of other construction trades
- Ability to stand, walk and lift up to 100 lbs in construction work environment
- Ability to climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolds while carrying tools
- May be exposed to high and precarious places
- Risk of electrical shock and outside weather conditions
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience: Associates degree in electrical technology or 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Travel: This position will be based out of our Sioux Center, IA office. Travel will be required locally as well as nationally
Pay: Starting at $24.50+ per hour DOE
Interstates is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer and provides a drug free work environment.